It’s my birthday but I pretty much want to stay 22 forever. I know I can’t be the only one that feels that way, right? Since today’s my special day and while I didn’t really make/craft myself anything for my birthday, I did put together this post about some of my favorite things. One of my most favorite readers asked me to do this. So here we go!
This random list includes some of my favorite things around the house, from sewing to cooking, to board games. A lot of these favorites are gifts we got for our wedding or past Christmas presents. I use a lot of them everyday or atleast every week. These favorites help make our house a little more home-y.
***This post contains affiliate links. Read more about that here.
My 10 Favorite Things
- Cricut – I have one like this except its not wireless. I just started experimenting with vinyl and it’s getting easier and easier to use. It’s a crafting must for me now; I even took it with me when I went home for a few months.
- Singer Sewing Machine – This is the perfect beginner machine for me. Maybe one day I’ll upgrade to something fancier but for anyone just starting out, this machine is great.
- Singer Serger – My husband gave me this one and makes any project look really professional. It is not really a necessity for beginners but if you’re sewing apparel, then I’d recommend this one.
- This Fancy Schmancy Glue Gun Kit – It’s cordless and has adjustable tips. I didn’t even know they made glue guns like that until last week when I got this one (as an early bday gift actually!).
- Rice Cooker – I, for the life of me, can not cook rice. Not on the stovetop. Not in the microwave. Only can it be done in this rice cooker. I also use it to make the perfect sushi rice.
- Crockpot – I also love cooking in a crockpot and this one is awesome because you can lock the lid down to put it in the car. That is especially good for potlucks.
- Electric Ceramic Tea Kettle – I love tea and something about switching it on is so much easier than turning on the stove. It’s also really cute on the counter so I don’t ever put it away.
- Ninja Blender – Glorious. I give this blender a 10/10. I love it and its really easy to use and clean.
- Settler’s of Catan – Our favorite house game. Everyone that comes over wants to play it. We also have the expansion pack so 5-6 people can play instead of just 4.
- Secret Mirror Jewelry Box – Last is this favorite of mine that is perfect for tiny house living. Okay we don’t actually live in a tiny house but this space saving jewelry box is awesome and keeps me organized.
I just invested in the Sound of Music dvd (which I’ve already watched quite a few times) and I feel like these are my favorite things around the house. Comment below some of your favorites that’d make your top ten list.
I’m off to celebrate with my lovely husband. We have a little birthday adventure planned this weekend. Have a good weekend!
Join My Email Group!
Subscribe to my emails to get DIY Tutorials, Refashioned Outfits, Sewing Projects, Small Space Living, and many more fun projects...sent straight to your inbox.
Enter your name and email!